Tips to cut down on false alarms in Peoria
False alarms can be a real problem for home security systems. Not only do they erode the trust you have in your installation, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you may do a few things to reduce false alarms from your Peoria security system.
To begin, be sure that everything is connected properly. This will probably seem like common sense, but it frequently happens that basic user errors trigger false alarms. Next, check out possible culprits of false alarms, such as entry points that might be left open by accident. And of course, don't hesitate to integrate the extra tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Peoria.
Might it be really that straightforward? Keep reading to find out.
Can you avoid false alarms in Peoria?
Like diagnosing any problem, the best course of action is to read the manual. Make sure all your components are set up correctly from your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically evaluate each device to ensure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Look over your preset schedules to be certain that your alarms aren’t arming at unsuitable times.
- Make sure all integrated smart implements are configured properly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Call your Vivint representative if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your Peoria home. They'll be happy to schedule a tehnician to check your equipment.
Check your windows and doors
If your installation seems to be installed properly, the ensuing step is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are your windows and doors closed tightly, or might there be a few mistakenly ajar? If an entrance is left open, it could trigger a sensor. If it just so happens that your clan routinely neglects to secure an entrance, you might want to install a smart locking mechanism that locks automatically when the alarm is activated. Unfortunately, windows require additional hands-on attention, mainly if you have a family member who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint home security system makes it easy to deactivate that device while still shielding the remaining areas of the house.
Automation can be an effective way to cut down on false alarms in Peoria
One of the most effective methods to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your security system. By using your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms caused by accidentally unlatching an entry point. Then have it automatically engage again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Set your home security to disengage whenever your smart lock is activated with the proper PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system as you leave the premises, then disengage when you return.
- Receive smartphone alerts when your devices sense uncommon activity or need a new battery.
- Pair your equipment to a smart home speaker, so you can operate your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Peoria by switching to a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, reach out to (309) 332-1063 or submit the form on this page.