Daily home deliveries have become routine for countless residents due to the rise of online shopping. You appreciate the ease of having items left right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a significant issue, but you can take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to dissuade porch pirates, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why they’re sure to be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Benefits of a Peoria video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a great number of advanced features, and the technology continues to progress. You are now able to set up detection zones, communicate with whoever’s on your porch, and get immediate updates whenever a package arrives.
The best way to understand how a Peoria video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many benefits it can provide. Consider these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You aren’t able to get this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring burglary with signals that can be seen and heard. This is a great way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You deserve to see the complete picture, and that should include the faces of visitors at your entry and items on the surface below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage no matter the hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the point of getting a doorbell camera? The best models will give you exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You are able to receive instant notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and boxes.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is someone waiting at your main entry? Two-way audio gives you the chance to ask their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to frighten off people loitering around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will let you minimize false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the option to view live and archived video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can engage with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even allow you to talk with the individual at your door. They’ve become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.