Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Peoria smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in full control of your Peoria home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and check out tips to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Peoria?
Wirelessly connecting to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular functionality for enhanced reliability. It also provides complete remote operability through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can perform:
- View live or saved video from your connected surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Peoria by setting schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock whenever the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open door will prompt you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Peoria
Even though many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you may want to add another user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, select phone or email and provide the info to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Peoria home security system. Contact (309) 332-1063 to get started.